Posted by Bel. The time is 3.03pm here in Wellington NZ
What I would find in your bag
Funny, I am sure that Lou and I did this via email at some stage?? Fuck we must've been procastinating something chronic!! Haha.
Currently I am rocking a backpack, not a handbag, as I am doggedly walking to and from work, which is a nearly two hour round-trip. (Yes I am exceedingly proud of myself, and did I mention it is all uphill on the way home? Because IT IS.)
And to top it off, my backpack is a castoff from my stepdaughter, who got it free when she signed up to her gym. So it is emblazoned with a "City Fitness" logo. Shaaaaame! I would use my own backpack, which is a perfectly lovely red Kathmandu one, but it was purloined by my husband, who used it to transport paint and - well, you can imagine.
Anyway, inside my (shame) backpack is:
- iPod Nano (silver, ancient)
- keys with Eiffel Tower keyring bought at the Eiffel Tower and Snowy keyring, exactly like this:
- Misery mirror compact (gift when I left a workplace, chosen by Lou and Hayley I'm willing to bet!)
- Maybelline "Royal Red" lipstick my mum gave me that her partner didn't want
- Chanel "Rouge Coco - Gabrielle" lipstick I splurged on and always hold conspicuously
- Nutrimetics "Strawberry Cream" lipstick (actually a hot pink colour)
- Business cards for my fulltime job
- Business cards for my freelance job
- Snapper card
- Gym swipe card
- Wallet (from Iko Iko so long ago the pattern is almost worn off!)
- Shoes: nice looking work shoes OR shaaaaame trainers, depending on whether I am at work or on my way there (Walking. Two hours round-trip. Uphill all the way home. Did I mention?)
- Water bottle. ALWAYS.
- Hair brush, the round barrell variety. To keep my FRINGE!! in check
- Travel size Fudge hair product. Ooh this exact one:
- Assorted biros, Sharpies, etc
- Recycled plastic shopping bag, for my lunch
My "proper" handbag is still containing most of my usual essentials (i.e. useless crap and pointless kept receipts), in the wistful hopes that the backpack will be spurned and rejected for a more fashionable alternative. We'll see. I may yet get sick of my current routine. (I walk to and from work at the moment, did I mention?)