28 Days Till 30: Places I really want to go to next year

| Posted by Lou | The time is 11.59pm here in London UK |



Moscow & St Petersburg - this was almost my 30th birthday trip but didn't work out. I think if I was given the "one place to go before you die" choice this would be it so it is going to take on Top Priority next year. Unfortunately it's not the sort of place you can go by yourself (or even as a twosome) so is dependent on others' availability.

Berlin - only a small hop away so hopefully can slip into a weekend next year. It's sort of a weird place though - known for its cultural and social craziness; but also the source of one of the most harrowing chapters of human history. Do you try and combine the two, or does it require a depressing historical trip and an awesome party trip separately?

Vancouver - sigh, unfortunately just far enough away that it turns it into a relatively major trip which has meant it hasn't fitted into my life yet. But as I have a friend with a big house and a pool maybe it can go into next summer...

A Greek Island - I loved being in Santorini and having nothing to do but soak in the sun and hang out at the beach, so am going to make a repeat trip to one of the other islands a big summer priority.

Amsterdam - I can't believe I haven't been to Amsterdam. It's so close and so cheap to get to and has such easy and obvious things to do once you get there... but as an acquaintance just moved there it might give me that extra impetus to make it...

And of course:
New Zealand! - Yes, I'll be on a whirlwind visit late-Feb to early-Mar :) The whirlwind an attempt to allow more time for the above...