24 Days Till 30: If I could have My 30th Birthday in any other Time/Era...

| Posted by Lou | The time is 5.00pm here in London UK |


I feel like you and I and everyone else know the answer to Bel's question:


If I could have My 30th Birthday in any other Time/Era...


Instead of having a Beatles-themed birthday party, I would be having an authentic Beatles birthday party by casting myself back 49 years to Liverpool 1961*.

Alcohol features quite pleasingly in this photo


Liverpool on the 12th November 1961 would have been cold and miserably rainy, but we'd clomp down the cobblestoned street (our bouffant hair protected by plastic shawls) to The Cavern...

10 Mathew Street


...and find ourselves in the overwhelming heat of an underground space filled to the brim with not-yet-manic fans of an emerging band...

This photo was apparently taken on 8th December 1961 - close enough!


...and have the night of our lives.

Artist's impression of Lou gazing adoringly at John from the front row




*Ah, it would be so much nicer to just be able to say "50 years ago today..." but alas they weren't yet The Beatles.

2 thoughts on “24 Days Till 30: If I could have My 30th Birthday in any other Time/Era...”