30 Days of Me: Lou's Day 7

Posted by Lou. The time is 4.30pm here in London UK.



A picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you


Seeing as Bel is doing a something, I'm going to do a someone - one of my personal heroes:

Kiwi filmmaker Brad McGann

Brad was an award-winning writer/ director of short films who channelled all that he had to offer into one absolutely magnificent feature film, In My Father's Den.

Sadly he passed away from cancer in May 2007, so I count myself extremely lucky to have spent some time with him in 2005 when he was doing a workshop with my former workplace.

He was encouraging, positive and wise; and very much taught me that there are no limits on what we do with our ambitions and talents (except those we place upon ourselves!).

On days when I'm mired in the blah-ness of a non-career job outside of film I think of that and know that one day I'll make it happen.