Posted by Bel. The time is 3.30pm here in Wellington NZ
A recent photo of me:
Lou took this when she was over here at Easter. We were on the Eastbourne Ferry (first time for both of us!!) and there was a false alarm about some penguins. Since then I have seen both a penguin AND a seal, both whilst on Sunday drives around the Miramar peninsula.
15 "interesting" facts about me:
- My driver's licence expired in February of this year. The last time that I attempted to drive a car, I crashed it.
- I speak French.
- I do social media stuff for a job and yet am intensely paranoiac about online anonymity and already have qualms about all the personal stuff this wee project involves.
- I always have to put my earphones in the ear that they are designated for, i.e. I check that the earphone labelled R always goes in my right ear and the one labelled L in the left. Aaah, that's better.
- I am very nearly six foot tall.
- My feet are enormous.
- I have two younger brothers who are bigger than me.
- I am an optimist.
- My favourite colour is red and I think it always has been.
- I have been an obsessive diary/journal keeper for many years. I have boxes of writing stashed away, and always have something in which to scribble in my bag or next to my bed.
- I am always the one who remembers. Incidences of me not remembering are unusual and remarked upon.
- I have been tattooed three times. Someone I don't remember at Studio 801, Hamilton; Dean/Slick of Sacred Tattoo (when he was still at Illicit); and Jane of Chapel Tattoo, Melbourne, at last year's Auckland Tattoo Convention.
- I got made redundant last year and it suuuuuccked*. It was a sharp reminder of the importance of pies and their need to have fingers in them, for one.
- My mum and my grandmother (her mum) are both artists. My grandad (her dad) was various things, including a conscientious objector, offshore oil rig worker, owner of his own personal, rigged-up pokie machine and bestower of nicknames. I don't have a relationship with my grandparents on the other side.
- I'm a vegetarian, including seafood. I mean, excluding it. From my diet. You know.