30 days of film: Bel's day 9

| Posted by Bel | The time is 12.50pm here in Wellington NZ |

A film with the best soundtrack

Dave Chappelle's Block Party.

Kanye West (pre-jackass blowout phase) with a full marching brass band bussed in from a high school in Dave Chappelle's hometown.


Jill Scott, killing it. (This isn't the Block Party clip, but you should do yourself a favour and listen to this.)


The Fugees, reunited. A sight we never thought we'd see. (You've heard what happened between Lauryn Hill and Wyclef Jean, right? Lordy me.)


And The Roots as house band, Questlove in perfect control no matter who rolls up. Even my beloved, Mos Def.

Oh and Michel Gondry directed it to boot. Don't tell me you're not into rap music, this film is a delight and will make you laugh and want to party.

2 thoughts on “30 days of film: Bel's day 9”

  1. The fact that I got to see big screen premieres of this, and Rize, are cinematic highlights of my nerdy hip hopping life.