30 Days of Film: Bel's day 8

| Posted by Bel | The time is 8.05am here in Wellington NZ |

A film that you’ve seen countless times

Last year, this film was Star Trek.

Photo: the extremely good looking cast of the latest Star Trek movie.

I'm not a Trekkie by any means. I only have vague memories of watching re-runs of the original show when I was a kid, and have never seen any of the remakes with Jean Luc Picard and who have you. When I first saw the trailer at the movies, I had no idea which movie it was for, even after the supposedly big reveal of the main character stating his name was James T Kirk. (I actually said "who?". And yes I got the punnies.)

But this movie ticks all the boxes. Fun to watch! Things blow up! Cool technology! Bad guy is bad! Good guy realises he is good! Girl shoots down advances of arrogant boy!

It became our default viewing. I even put it on when Mum came to stay for a weekend - she loved it, what a nerd.

2 thoughts on “30 Days of Film: Bel's day 8”

  1. We watched this on Boxing Day. It was one of those "shove something on in the background" moments that ended up with us all squeezing in front of the TV enraptured. Even though we'd all already seen it.

  2. Exactly!

    We got talked into seeing that latest Terminator movie on the big screen over this. Huge regret. Can you imagine how AWESOME that outer-space-base-jumping-with-Beastie-Boys-soundtrack scene woulda been in a cinema?!