30 Days of Film: Lou's Day 26

| by Lou | 9.00am UK time |




A film that you love but everyone else hates


One might think that I could put The Notebook as my answer here. However one would be entirely wrong as many women of intelligence and fine taste love that film. Just none of them seem to read this blog. But one day... one day you'll see it again, and it will win you over. Oh yes, it will win you over!

So, to a film that actally everyone except me hates:

Signs

I should hate this film. I should hate the Mel Gibsonness, the overt preaching, and the laborious denouement. But I just can't.

It's because I saw it back in the era when Joaquin was my one-and-only, and he's so adorably average-guy in this that I found him and it irresistable, and felt myself viewing the film with all sorts of good-will and suspended judgement.




But I promise I'm much harsher on Mel Gibsonness, preaching, and bollocksly convenient plots in any and all other contexts.