The Great Mysteries of America

| Posted by Lou | The time is 7.15pm here in London UK |



Every time I visit the US of A I'm left with the same three questions:

1. Why is there a gap down the sides of the door of every single tolet cubicle? For serious, there is. I don't get it. I thought the desire to defecate in privacy was a universal human trait.

2. Why oh why do Americans not have electric jugs? (aka the humble kettle) I know it isn't a huge tea-drinking culture, but it is a convenience culture and nothing is more convenient than instantly boiled water.

3. What do Americans have against salt 'n' vinegar? In a country absolutely drowning in packaged processed snack foods, it seems insane that the greatest of all flavours be so seldom found.

This entry was posted in by Lou. Bookmark the permalink.

2 thoughts on “The Great Mysteries of America”

  1. Reese's miniature peanut butter cups. Which is weird because I don't really like Reese's Pieces. These have a different ratio of chocolate to peanut buttery goodness I guess. I bought a pack to distribute to friends, and opened them when I got back because I had no food in my house. And now I can't stop eating them. In fact, I'm going to go eat one right now.