Giant eagles, you guys!!

| by Bel | 2.13pm NZ time |

I've had this article open in a browser tab for the last week, so I can re-read it each day and be amazed.

Because I love shit like this:



The Scottish Gamekeepers Association has raised concerns about whether sea eagles could differentiate between children and their natural prey.



The Scottish government said it was not aware of any attacks by sea eagles on children in other countries and did not think a public inquiry was necessary.


A Scottish sea eagle has a wing span of up to 8 feet, you guys! It's bigger than me! That is so kick ass! I totally think that could attack a small child if it wanted!! And the eagles are endangered so NO COMPLAINING.

(And did I nominate the Very Reverend Hunter Farquharson, attacked by a giant eagle whilst trying to defend a goose, for Name of the Year? Yes, yes I did.)