Full length Ken Loach films on youtube

Posted by Bel. The time is 12.12pm here in Wellington, NZ.

The revolution will not be televised. We will all be watching it on youtube, assuming that we haven't already capped out our broadband that month.

Ken Loach's career as a successful and contraversial filmmaker has been established thanks to decades of directing films with a focus on social politics in a realist or documentary style. His recent hit, The Wind That Shakes The Barley, I know is a favourite of Lou's, although I found it too gruelling to watch in entirety.

Loach is now releasing his back catalogue, seven films at present, to be watched for free on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/KenLoachFilms



You can also check out Ken Loach on IMDb.

2 thoughts on “Full length Ken Loach films on youtube”

  1. I wish Looking For Eric was up there, that movie is incredible! I just saw it, it was my first Ken Loach film, but it will definitely not be my last. If you haven't seen it, you're missing out. It is a must see.

  2. Hi Hiatt :)
    I saw Looking for Eric at the cinema and really enjoyed it too. It was a real mixture of genres in a way... But mostly it was about sticking-it-to-the-man, which is the endless appeal of Loach's work.

    Will be interesting to see if other filmmakers follow his lead of making movies so accessible!